Carmeuse Lime and Stone Scholarship Fund
Established in 1993, the Carmeuse Lime and Stone (formerly O-N Minerals Chemstone) Scholarship will be awarded annually. As a corporate citizen involved in the Northern Shenandoah Valley, Carmeuse Lime and Stone is very interested in applicants who hope to work in the area when their education is complete.
The scholarship award may be applied toward tuition, fees and/or books and will be divided equally between two semesters. To be eligible to receive the award for the spring semester, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the fall semester. The scholarship will be divided evenly between LFCC students from each of the following localities: Shenandoah County and Frederick County.
The scholarship will be awarded to LFCC students who meet the following criteria:
- Must complete a scholarship application
- Must be a full-time or part-time student at LFCC
- Must possess and maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Must indicate a need for financial assistance
- Must reside in Shenandoah County or Frederick County
- Carmeuse Lime and Stone employees and their dependents (spouses or children) will receive first consideration