Abel Family Nursing Scholarship
This scholarship was established by family and friends in memory of A. Warren Abel and Jason P. Abel in 2011. Mr. Abel was a lifelong Fauquier County resident and Jason was a former LFCC student. Both valued education and opportunity which this scholarship will support. This scholarship was established to make possible and enhance the education of an LFCC student in the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Degree Program.
The scholarship award may be applied toward tuition, fees, and/or books and will be divided equally between two semesters. Satisfactory academic progress must be maintained in order for the recipient to receive the award for the second semester. To be eligible to receive the award for the spring semester, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the fall semester.
The scholarship will be awarded to LFCC students who meet the following criteria:
- Must complete a scholarship application
- Must be an accepted/enrolled LFCC Fauquier Campus Associate Degree in Nursing student
- Must be a full-time or part-time student
- Must be a graduate of a Fauquier County high school
- Must demonstrate academic merit by having and maintaining at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Priority given for demonstration of financial need, but not required