Carolyn Godlove Glaize Nursing Scholarship
A Winchester native, Carolyn Glaize enrolled at LFCC in 1970, the year it opened. Juggling work and school, Glaize graduated in 1976 with an Associate Degree in Science. Having accomplished her educational goal, Glaize continued her career at Mount Weather Emergency Assistance Center, becoming the first woman to serve as deputy director of the Mount Weather Management Division and deputy senior resident manager for the Mount Weather facility. Glaize was responsible for the day-to-day operations of Mount Weather, which boasted more than 1,000 employees and a budget totaling more than $82 million. She retired in 2000 after 37 years of service. At that time, she had reached the GS-15 level, which is the highest civil servant level in the federal government. Glaize received the Lord Fairfax Community College Distinguished Alumni Award in 2006. Her husband, George Glaize, Jr., is an accomplished businessman and entrepreneur. Together, they wish to support nursing students at Lord Fairfax Community College.
The Carolyn Godlove Glaize Nursing Scholarship may be applied toward tuition, fees and/or books and will be divided equally between two semesters. To be eligible to receive the award for the spring semester, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the fall semester.
The scholarship will be awarded to LFCC students who meet the following criteria:
- Complete a scholarship application
- Be enrolled at the Middletown Campus
- Be enrolled in the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing program, leading to an RN license
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Reside in Frederick County
- Be enrolled as a full- or part-time student
- First preference given to a student who has graduated from James Wood High School in the last five years
- Second preference given to a student who has graduated from Millbrook High School or Sherando High School in the last five years