Brian Boyd Hawkins Endowed Scholarship
The Brian Boyd Hawkins Scholarship Fund was established in 2010 in memory of Brian Boyd Hawkins. Brian was born with Cystic Fibrosis, but during his young life never let the disease slow him down or discourage him from trying new adventures. He was full of energy, love, adventure and dreams. His life was cut short in an automobile accident at the age of 16 in 2000. His family and friends established this scholarship in his memory so that someone else can have the opportunity to pursue an education and pursue adventurous dreams.
The scholarship award may be applied toward tuition, fees and/or books and will be divided equally between two semesters. Satisfactory academic progress (minimum grade point average of 2.0) must be maintained in order for the recipient to receive the award for the second semester.
The scholarship will be awarded to LFCC students who meet the following criteria:
- Must complete a scholarship application
- Must be a full-time or part-time LFCC student
- Must maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Must demonstrate financial need
- First preference will be given to individuals with Cystic Fibrosis, a learning disability and a love for the outdoors