Carolyn Seltzer Nursing Scholarship Fund
The Carolyn A. Seltzer Nursing Scholarship Fund was established in February 2010 by James L. Seltzer in memory of his loving wife Carolyn Ann Seltzer. Carolyn was a people person, she loved talking with and meeting new people. She was especially fond of children which led her to be a teacher after graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree in business education from Geneva College. After starting a family, she continued as a substitute teacher in elementary, middle and high schools throughout Fauquier County. Her family and friends established this scholarship in her memory so that someone can have the opportunity to pursue an education.
The scholarship award may be applied toward tuition, fees and/or books and will be divided equally between two semesters. To be eligible to receive the award for the spring semester, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in the fall semester.
The scholarship will be awarded to LFCC students who meet the following criteria:
- Must complete a scholarship application
- Must be a full-time or part-time LFCC student
- Must maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Must be enrolled in LFCC’s nursing program
- First preference will be given to individuals who enjoy helping other people