LFCC Emergency Assistance Funds
The Emergency Assistance Funds are designed to address exceptional financial hardship faced by LFCC students caused by recent unexpected life events that could affect their continuing education. Examples of emergency situations are house fire, unanticipated medical issues, homelessness, unanticipated marital separation, and/or job loss.
To be eligible for emergency funds, you must have:
- earned a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- be enrolled in at least 6 or more credit hours currently
- Preference: students who have successfully completed a semester at LFCC.
Students applying for Emergency Assistance Funds understand that:
- funds are generally not used for tuition, books, professional development courses, or other school-imposed
- fees; however, exceptions can sometimes be made.
- funds will not be issued to students. Instead, the funds will be issued directly to the vendor.
- applications are reviewed throughout the year; therefore there is no deadline for applying
- dual-enrolled high school students are not eligible to receive these funds
- emergency funding is only available to one student per family
- emergency funds cannot be transferred to other students. Only the person who applied for and was awarded the funds is eligible to use them.
If awarded, please note:
- Awards will be made based on the availability of funds and appropriateness of the request.
- Applicants will be notified via email of the decision and will be given the steps to accept the funds, if approved.
- Students are required to submit a thank you letter to the LFCC Foundation. No funds will be issued without the thank you letter, if letter is not submitted by the deadline, the scholarship will be forfeited.
- Funds will be issued directly to the vendor within 10 business days after the student’s thank you letter is received and approved.
For the full list of emergency scholarship funds, go to: https://lfcc.edu/emergencyscholarships